Last updated: August 1, 2017
Terms and Conditions
- No Warranty or Representation. While ONTERA uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, your use and browsing of the Site is at your risk. Nothing in the Site, including product or service information, shall add to or change any contract for products or services you may have with ONTERA, its suppliers or affiliates. Neither ONTERA, its alliance partners, suppliers, affiliates nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive or other damages whatsoever including business interruption, loss of use, data, information, profits (regardless of the form of action, including but not limited to contract, negligence or other tortious act) arising out of or in connection with your access or use of the Site even if ONTERA has been advised of or foresees the possibility of any damages occurring. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you “AS IS” WITHOUT REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, DURABILITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OR INTER-OPERABILITY OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. Changes or updates to the contents of this Site may occur without notice.
- Use of Information. You hereby agree that you shall not use any information contained in this Site or the links to this Site in any claims, proceedings, suits or actions against ONTERA, its suppliers or affiliates. You may not post, publish, reproduce, transmit or otherwise distribute information or material on the Site: (a) constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability; (b) which is protected by copyright, or other intellectual property right or derivative works thereof, without obtaining permission of the copyright holder; (c) otherwise use this Site in a way that is contrary to law or which would adversely impact use of the Site or the Internet by other users including the posting or transmitting of other information or software containing viruses or other disruptive components.
- Linkage. This Site may contain links to other web sites that are not under the control of ONTERA and ONTERA is not responsible for and makes no representations, warranties or conditions concerning the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. It is your responsibility to verify any information contained within the links before relying on it. Also, the information contained in the links may be changed or updated at any time without notice. ONTERA provides links to you only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement, investigation or verification by ONTERA of the linked site. Your use of the linked sites may be subject to terms and conditions contained in these web sites, which you should locate and review.
- Monitoring. ONTERA is under no obligation to monitor the Site and assumes no responsibility or liability should its content be modified or altered in any way without ONTERA’s consent.
- Revisions. ONTERA may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You should therefore review these Terms and Conditions each time you access the Site.
- Product Descriptions. ONTERA attempts to be as accurate as possible. However, ONTERA does not warrant that product descriptions or other content of this Site is accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free.
- Customer Information. You acknowledge that you have read the ONTERA Privacy Commitment (as it may be updated from time to time) (the “ONTERA Privacy Commitment”) and hereby consent to the collection, use and disclosure by ONTERA and its agents of your personal information (whether previously collected or to be collected) for the purposes identified in the ONTERA Privacy Commitment. ONTERA’s use of customer information is also subject to applicable terms and conditions contained in ONTERA’s General Terms of Service (as amended from time to time), copies of which are available from ONTERA.
- Viruses, etc.. ONTERA assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages to or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text or images from the Site.
- Right of Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold ONTERA, its suppliers, alliance partners, affiliates and related companies harmless from any and all liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees related to any violation of these Terms and Conditions by you, or in connection with your use of the Site or with the placement or transmission of any message or information on the Site by you.
- Waiver. ONTERA’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or rights contained in these Terms and Conditions.
- Governing Laws. By visiting the Site, you agree that these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein and you agree to be bound by the laws of these jurisdictions.
- Prices. All prices are quoted in Canadian dollars and do not include applicable taxes or shipping and handling (if applicable).
- No Solicitation. The Site and the information contained herein does not constitute an offer or a solicitation of an offer for the purchase or sale of any securities.
- Territory. The Site originates in Canada. ONTERA’s products and services are offered in ONTERA’s operating territory. Some products and services referred to on the Site may not be available in parts of ONTERA’s operating territory or may not be compatible with party line services.
How to report a problem?
We strive every day to provide exceptional customer service, but we know there is always room for improvement. That’s why we make it easy for you when you want to share your concerns with us.
- Contact Customer Service where a customer service representative with your file can assist you. If you are not satisfied, the latter will forward your information to the responsible team leader who will contact you within 5 working days.
- If you are still not satisfied, then ask the Senior Manager – Customer Service. If you cannot reach an agreement with the latter, you can contact the Director – Customer Service.
- If you are not satisfied after communicating with the company representatives, you can contact one of the following organizations:
For regulated services:
Contact the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) in writing at the following address:
c/o Secretary General
You can also contact the CRTC by telephone at the toll-free number 1-877-249-2782.
The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission is an independent agency of the Canadian government, which is responsible for regulating the activities of telecommunications companies.
The company asks you to send a copy of your letter to the company’s Senior Specialist – Regulatory Affairs, either by fax (613) 560-0472 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For unregulated services:
Contact the Commission for Complaints for Telecom-Television Services (CCTS)
The CCTS is an independent organization whose mandate is to resolve complaints from individuals about their telecom and television services and complaints from small businesses about their telecom services, free of charge. If you have a complaint about your phone, internet or TV services, you should first try to resolve it directly with your service provider. If you have done so and have not been able to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, the CCTS may be able to help you. To find out more about the CCTS, you can visit its website at www.ccts-cprst.ca or call the toll-free number 1-888-221-1687.
Instruction On Use
There are three parts to the Ontera Tariff
PART A is the General Tariff for the company
PART B deals with the community of Iroquois Falls
The tariffs been split into sections to simplify searching and downloading
To find an item, it is recommended that you:
Download the Table of Contents and Index (for the tariff you are interested in)
Use the “Find” function to do a word search for the item you are looking for.
Once you know the section and page the information is on, then open that section and go the appropriate page.
Ontera General Tariff – CRTC 25520
- Title Page / Table of Contents / Index
- Section 1 – General Terms of Services
- Section 2 – Exchange Services
- Section 3 – Inter-Exchange Services
- Section 4 – Other Services
- Section 5 – Digital Networks
Ontera General Tariff – CRTC 25300
Formerly “Abitibi-Consolidated Telephone System”
Ontera Access Services Tariff – CRTC 25521
The CRTC Wireless Code
The CRTC Wireless Code comes into effect on December 2, 2013. The Wireless Code establishes a common set of rights for all wireless consumers.
The CRTC has developed a checklist to help you understand the most important things that the Code does for you. Visit the CRTC’s website at crtc.gc.ca/wirelesscode to find a copy of the Wireless Code and for an explanation of your rights as a wireless consumer.
Universal Network-Level Call Blocking
ONTERA continues to work to keep up with our customers’ ever-changing communications needs in order to provide the best experience possible. In an effort to do this, Bell is implementing Universal Network-Level Call Blocking (UNCB).
UNCB will help to protect Canadians against certain types of unsolicited calls by blocking calls when Call Display information is blatantly inaccurate.
What calls are blocked?
- Calls with unassigned North American area codes (e.g., 005-143-4561, 000-000-0000, 111-111-1111 or 123-456-7890).
- North American calls that contain less than 10 digits (e.g., 0000, 3256 or 45753).
- This does not include 310-XXXX calls.
- North American calls that have more than 10 digits (e.g., 905-243-4561-1234).
- This does not include long distance calls that begin with the number 1 (e.g., 1 800 223-1234 or 1 613 245-1234 are considered 10-digit numbers and will not be blocked).
- Calls originating internationally with more than 15 digits (e.g., 33-131-234-234-456-234, 44-131-234-234-456-234).
These telephone numbers often encompass various types of unwanted, unsolicited, spoofed, or spam phone calls, such as illegitimate marketing (e.g., free cruise offers), and typically originate from telemarketers not registered with the National Do Not Call List (NDNCL).
A “spoofed” number can appear as a string of digits, such as 000-000-0000, a random number, or the number of a company, person or government entity. Telemarketers making sales calls to customers in Canada have an obligation to accurately identify themselves. Callers who use technology to spoof their Call Display with inaccurate, false or misleading information violate this requirement.
UNCB should help reduce the number of unsolicited calls received by Canadians, although it will not block all unsolicited calls.
When will UNCB be implemented?
ONTERA will begin to implement UNCB starting November 6, 2019 for both wireless and wireline services.
Wholesale Licence Renewal
The Board has now issued its Notice of Application and Written Hearing relating to our electricity wholesaler licence application. The Board has posted the Notices